General dentistry in Wake Forest, supplemented with good oral hygiene practices at home, is the best way to keep your smile healthy. Without routine care like exams and cleanings, your teeth are more prone to problems like cavities.Doctor Nina Thomas on general dentistry Read Transcript
Routine checkups and cleanings are the foundation of dentistry. They're important because we find problems early and prevent other ones from starting. We offer all kinds of services here in-house, and that's what we call it, general dentistry. We do implants, children's dentistry, braces, cosmetics. We take lots of classes every year to make sure that we're offering as many services as possible in-house at a high level of expertise and quality.
Our general dental care will:
- Keep your teeth looking and feeling their best
- Prevent dental damage caused by decay and gum disease
- Improve both your oral health and your overall health
- Prevent small problems from progressing into larger ones
- Help you learn how to take great care of your smile at home
To schedule an exam or other general dental service, call us today at 919-335-9332.
Prevent Problems With Our General Dental Services
Our general dental services focus on preventing problems like cavities and gum disease. They include:
- Dental Exams – Regular exams are one of the best ways for our dentists to get to know your unique dental needs and concerns. We recommend seeing us every six months for an exam.
- Dental Cleanings – Professional cleanings remove cavity-causing plaque and tartar from your teeth.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We use a deep cleaning treatment to stop gum disease from progressing from an early, relatively harmless stage to a later stage where gums recede and you can lose teeth.
- Preventive Services – For additional protection against cavities, our dentists may recommend preventive services like fluoride applications and/or dental sealants.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our dentists can help you make dietary changes that promote better oral health and overall health too.
- Mouthguards – A custom-made mouthguard protects your teeth from damage during sports. A mouthguard made just for you not only fits better than one purchased from a store, but we can customize it with your team colors.
You’ll Appreciate Our High-Tech Approach & Patient Savings
We use technology in many areas of our practice, and general dental care is no exception. It makes your treatment not only more convenient but more comfortable too. For example, we use digital X-rays instead of traditional film imaging. Since we don’t have to wait for film to develop, we can diagnose and begin treating you more quickly. With far less radiation than traditional X-rays, digital X-rays are also safer for your family.
Not only do we make your routine general dental care comfortable – we also make it affordable. We never want you to put off dental exams or cleanings because of concerns over finances. Doing so can result in costly problems like gum disease or infected teeth. With our Dental Savers Plan, you’ll pay a low annual fee and receive two exams and cleanings a year, complete with X-rays. You’ll also receive discounts for other dental services, including cosmetic dentistry. You won’t have to worry about co-pays, benefit limits, or other insurance hassles. We also offer a special rate of $149 for new patient exams.